cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Version 7.5 to 7.7

Agostinho_Marti
Level 2

I have an environment where I own a MasterServer and MediaServer in version 7.5.0.6 installed on windows servers Server 2008. I am doing the migration to version 7.7. I installed on a WIndows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Virtual server the MasterServer with version 7.7.

What should I do first to perform the migration from version 7.5 to 7.7?

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Upgrade the existing 7.5.0.6 installation to 7.7 first. Then install the 7.7 on Windows 2012 and use catalog recovery process to recover NetBackup.

Marianne
Level 6

Pity you did not ask before you started.

Have you prepared the new server with same hostname and same installation path as original server?

See:

Using catalog backup and recovery to transfer NetBackup catalogs between Windows master servers as part of a hardware refresh
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041076 

Agostinho_Marti
Level 2

Thanks for the feedback.

In fact, it installed a new server with a different name and different IP because I need to upgrade the version of netbackup to 7.7 and has enjoyed and update the operating system version from 2008 to 2012.

I like to leave running the server in 2008 with version 7.5 and Windows Server 2012 server with version 7.7 in a production environment?

Or need to leave just as MasterServer?

Marianne
Level 6
So, you now want 2 separate master servers? Each with own backup images, clients and devices? No idea why you want to do that....

Agostinho_Marti
Level 2

In fact I was wondering if it is possible.
If you can not, I wonder as I perform the upgrade from version 7.5 to version 7.7. I use the catalog backup and recovery?

Marianne
Level 6
Perfectly okay, but all of the following must be the same : Hostname NBU version and patch level NBU Installation path. Please read carefully through the TN that I have posted above.