cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Version 7.5 to 7.7

Agostinho_Marti
Level 2

I have an environment where I own a MasterServer and MediaServer in version 7.5.0.6 installed on windows servers Server 2008. I am doing the migration to version 7.7. I installed on a WIndows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Virtual server the MasterServer with version 7.7.

What should I do first to perform the migration from version 7.5 to 7.7?

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Upgrade the existing 7.5.0.6 installation to 7.7 first. Then install the 7.7 on Windows 2012 and use catalog recovery process to recover NetBackup.

Marianne

Pity you did not ask before you started.

Have you prepared the new server with same hostname and same installation path as original server?

See:

Using catalog backup and recovery to transfer NetBackup catalogs between Windows master servers as part of a hardware refresh
http://www.veritas.com/docs/000041076 

Agostinho_Marti
Level 2

Thanks for the feedback.

In fact, it installed a new server with a different name and different IP because I need to upgrade the version of netbackup to 7.7 and has enjoyed and update the operating system version from 2008 to 2012.

I like to leave running the server in 2008 with version 7.5 and Windows Server 2012 server with version 7.7 in a production environment?

Or need to leave just as MasterServer?

Marianne
So, you now want 2 separate master servers? Each with own backup images, clients and devices? No idea why you want to do that....

Agostinho_Marti
Level 2

In fact I was wondering if it is possible.
If you can not, I wonder as I perform the upgrade from version 7.5 to version 7.7. I use the catalog backup and recovery?

Marianne
Perfectly okay, but all of the following must be the same : Hostname NBU version and patch level NBU Installation path. Please read carefully through the TN that I have posted above.