cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading NB 6.0 client to MP4

SOCKMIKEY
Level 2
Hi all,

I'm trying to get MP4 to install on a Windows 2003 server.

This server is isolated at this time and is not on any network. It is running Windows 2003 SP1, and Netbackup 6.0 client.  When trying to install MP4,  it starts validating the install, then comes back with the message "This VERITAS Maintenance Pack install was interrupted before it could be complete".     I went into C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\ and looked at the log files created.  At the top of an MSI###.log file it says "Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0."  The event logs show the same message.  I tried removing NB 6.0 altogether, rebooting, re-installed NB 6.0, then onto MP4, but that did not seem to help any.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Is this isolated client able to see the NBU master server? if not probably that is the root of the issue, check that out and let us know.

regards

SOCKMIKEY
Level 2
No it cannot see the master server.  We have to go thru a rigerous approval process to connect a server to our network, and one of the issues is to upgrade this server's netbackup client to MP4 before it can be brought onto the live network.

I was able to install 6.0 without seeing the master server successfully.

Stumpr2
Level 6
There are many changes in MP4 that relate to the master server and/or EMM server.