Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Conversion Tasks stuck in initializing

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear all,

I have netbackup master server installed in windows server 2008 R2 64 bit. I want to do VM conversion a windows server 2003 32 bit, in pre conversion test itwas ok but after i start convert to VM the VM conversion tasks is stuck for hours in initializing and in activity monitor not appeared any process. And also i cannot clean up the VM conversion tasks due to restriction.

I want to setup another VM conversion tasks but it cannot be made when another tasks is still running. What should i do?

Best regards,

Iqbal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
According to the post that SymTerry has referred to, there seems to be a 'known issue' with P2V of W2003 32-bit clients. Probably best to log a Support call.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Has the job failed yet? did you get a status? This thread alks about getting a status 7.

Really in order to know why its hanging, we will need more information like the detailed status or a error code to know whats going on.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
According to the post that SymTerry has referred to, there seems to be a 'known issue' with P2V of W2003 32-bit clients. Probably best to log a Support call.

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Dear SymTerry, No, it not failed nor produce a status. Dear all, Thanks for the help. I decide to reinstall netbackup and get back from the scratch, fortunately it is a POC environment. I cant imagine if it is a production. I will create case for this. Best regards, Iqbal