cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Test Query

symhelpuser
Level 2

hy everybody,

my english is not the best so i hope you will understand my problem.

when i want to select the clients in a policy i have two options.

1: select manually

2: select automatically through query

now when i use a query for example:

vAPP contains "FRNow" OR Displayname contains "HG36M"

then i should get 13 machines, but its always 14 machinces, because hg36m is always included twice.

in general all the machines are listed twice but are only included once, except for hg36m.

any help is welcome.

thank you very much and kind regards from austria,

thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

symhelpuser
Level 2

thank you very much for your reply. no the query itself is okay.

OHHH right now i found it. in the client list this server is listed twice, once with the hostname

hg36m and once with hg36m.d and when my or query Displayname contains "hg36m" then its in the list twice.

sorry to disturb you guys.

have fun good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I am guessing the issue here is the use of OR as the seperator and that one machine fits both queries?

It would be best to supply a query that makes the results unique - also remember to use * as wildcards if needed.

Hope this gives you an idea?

A nice way to do it is to use the annotations query - just add a keyword to the Notes field on the VM itself such as NBU and then select this as you query for annotations to include (or Equal) NBU.

All the VMs that have NBU in their notes field get backed up by the policy - do note that this is the notes field only - not a custom annotations field within the notes field.

symhelpuser
Level 2

thank you very much for your reply. no the query itself is okay.

OHHH right now i found it. in the client list this server is listed twice, once with the hostname

hg36m and once with hg36m.d and when my or query Displayname contains "hg36m" then its in the list twice.

sorry to disturb you guys.

have fun good luck