cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault does not Eject complete set of Medias

arkishor
Not applicable
we have ESL library with 32 mail  Slots available and running netbackup 6.5.4 on windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition.
weekly vault is configured for a Full backup and the vault runs on every wednesday. The issue is whenever the netbackup vault runs it does not eject the complete media set.say for example we have 64 medias total which is to be ejected but mail slots number is 32 it ejects only 32 medias and when the load port slot is opened to free the slots for next set. the vault job fails with error 287 which is partially completed.and next set of medias we need to be ejecting it manually. we have no clue why the vault session in the netbackup get terminated as soon we empty the load port. and rest of the medias are ejected manually. let us know if there is a way to eject the complete set of medias in a single session or if there is a way to spilt the vault session let us know.
2 REPLIES 2

James_Perry
Level 4
I stopped using the automatic eject for a number of reason, but had similar issues to what you are experiencing as well. 

What I found was that delaying ejects and reports until I was ready to do the ejects for offsite, that i better used media, since they were still in the robot, it filled the tape.  Also doing the eject manually noted that the CAP was full and when I removed the tapes, if it did not find it automatically, then I would just hit the key to continue.  Since reports are dependant on the media being ejected from the library, delaying reports until the ejects are done made sure the documents are in sync as well.

Sriram
Level 6
Hi

You can do these steps:

1.  Use deferred eject option in vault profile.  This will ensure the weekly vault ejects the tapes to offsite volume pool instead of mail slots

2.  Once the tapes are in offsite volume pool. You can write a shell script to split the media to have 32 tapes each and eject them one set at a time:

command to eject:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -m <media id> -mt <media type> -rt none -rn <tobot number> -rh <robotic host> -v --- -e -sec 1

This way you can manage eject failures in vaults.