cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Netbackup Client version 6.5.6 installation in Cluster

Jawed
Level 2

Hi

I have Win 2008 two node cluster and wants to install Netbackup 6.5.6 Client in cluster environment.
Kindly tell me the installation procedure in cluster environment and also confirm
Is installation is to bw done on both nodes like standalone machine?

4 REPLIES 4

j083418
Level 5

when i have done this in the past all I have done is install it on each node in exactly the same way as if it was a standalone installation

***EDIT***

one other thing when you configure your backups for the cluster use the cluster name and not the node's name

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

its just like a installation that we do for the standalone machine...

based on the cluster resources what we need to backup.. we need to deside the client name in the policy..

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please follow the instructions in the NetBackup HA guide.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290237.htm

ESM_Admin
Level 4
Partner

looks daunting but it's very easy... 

1. install and configure NBU client s/w on node 1 and node 2 just as you would for any stand alone node.

2. you need a virtual IP (or backup IP if u have a backup network) for every virtual resource you want to backup.

3. on the cluster config - add the (backup) virtual IP to the resource configuration tab and update the host file accordingly.

4. on the netbackup admin console - you will use the virtual backup system name in your netbackup policy (using the virtual IP) to backup the resource (cluster drive or db, etc).