cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the Point of Posting Here?

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
I've been using these forums for a while now.  Once upon a time they were useful.  Very much so.  Now, with the new changes, they are not as reliable a resource as they once were.  That's not to say that the added functionality isn't appreciated or the more useful search functions are overlooked.  However, I find that some of the more reliable participants to this board don't post nearly as much as they used to.  Perhaps it's the influx of user questions, which I think is great.  Though, I think that it's the fact that there is no 'reward' for posting (aka points).  I know that this feature hasn't been overlooked, but I think I can speak for a number of avid posters that it would be a welcome addition to the new forums here and would guarantee the continued usefulness of this community.  Otherwise, I see no reason to continue posting here, either my questions or responses to other users' questions.  I'd just as soon post elsewhere. 

I'm sure that this is posted elsewhere and there is already an initiative to get this going, but I wanted to make myself heard on this topic.  I want visibility for this for the Ken Putnam's, Bob Stumps, David Parkers of the community.  People who have taken an incredible amount of time and effort to provide answers to those people in search of them and for nothing more than a few measley points.  I know there's a bunch of dedicated users I've missed, but I think I've made my point here:  Add points and give credit to those who contribute to this community.  That's all.
8 REPLIES 8

Bob_Breitzman
Level 3
Certified
I could not agree MORE!!!!

There are regular folks that I see posting indepth responses to some difficult questions.  And these particular folks (some mentioned in the previous post) are seen in NUMEROUS different forums.......not just Symantec's.  This is NOT their daily job, and requires time, experience, and sometimes hours of investigation!  The LEAST we could do is find a way to reward them, which may encourage them to continue assisting the rest of us!

One that I choose to personally thank (Bob Stump) is ALWAYS prompt to respond, and share his years of experience!!  There have been countless times when I have been able to find quicker answers to out of the norm questions on forums such as these, than opening a VSupport tkt..................even when opened as a Sev1.  And that credit goes to the folks like Bob S.!!  THANKS!!

So in short, please, please, PLEASE find a way to bring back the folks dedicated to assisting those in need!

Thanks again,
Bob

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Okay Bob.  You're really 'Bob Stump' aren't you?  ;)

Bob_Breitzman
Level 3
Certified
The Gig is up...............ya found me.  Smiley Very Happy

Nah..............I can't take the credit.................

DavidParker
Level 6
Hehe, I thought they stamped out all of Bob Stump's alternates when they made all the changes ;)

Well, I wish I had the time to monitor this forum these days, but my new job is keeping my much busier that the old one (still wondering if thats a good thing).

Points or no, I'd be more active if I had more time available.

DP

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Dave, don't make me bust out the walking stick!  You love points more than you love lima beans.  I'm glad to hear your new job is treating you well, but c'mon.  Let's get serious. ;)

Some commentary from everyone's favorite David Parker:

From the following thread
https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=21&message.id=23528&query.id=165970#M23528

"Amen.
I fully endorse James's message!
Points rule!"

Message Edited by Alex Vasquez on 05-02-200703:11 PM

Message Edited by Alex Vasquez on 05-02-200703:11 PM

DavidParker
Level 6
My gawd, I had no idea how much work needed to be done here lately!

People are all postin and not listing Tech Notes or quoting from Manuals ...

SHEESH!

Stumpr2
Level 6
Hello everyone! I have been unemployed for a month and was limited to my AOL dialup. This forum is not conducive to participation at the slower internet speeds.

Good news is that I have started a new gig as a netbackup admin at Fidelity National Information Services. I now have high speed internet at home. Bad news is that I will probably not have the time to participate as I once did.

Richard_Bannist
Level 5

@Bob Stump wrote:
 Bad news is that I will probably not have the time to participate as I once did. 

Nooo, say it isn't so Bob Man Sad