cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where we need to enable Bpfis log

Jim89
Level 3

Hi

My question is where we need to enable the bpfis log inorder to trouble shoot. I cam to know from the administrator guide that it should be enabled in the backup  Host

In our Infra we are running the backup of the Esx host through the media server "X". So do i need to enable in the media serve through which the backup is running or in the master

Your reply is greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The machine that is configured as ,Backup Host' for Vmware backups is where bpfis log must be enabled.

If  media server X is configured as Vmware backup host, then you need to create the folder under netbackup\logs on the media server.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
In the logs folder just create another sub-folder named: bpfis

Marianne
Level 6

The machine that is configured as ,Backup Host' for Vmware backups is where bpfis log must be enabled.

If  media server X is configured as Vmware backup host, then you need to create the folder under netbackup\logs on the media server.

StefanosM
Level 6

Open your VMware policy and go to the vmware tab.

Check the backup host entry. If it has a specific server in it, then this is the server that you have to open the logs. If it says "all media servers" then go to the media server and open the logs.

Jim89
Level 3

Thanks all forthe quick response. Really Appreciated