cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpbackupdb - Status code 120

HAN
Level 3
When trying to run /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb from command line I get this:

cannot find configuration database record for requested NB database backup

And the job in Activity Monitor exits with a status code 120.  I haven't found much useful information on the web.

This is being run from the master server

Any replies would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
$ bpbackupdb -?
bpbackupdb: unrecognized option -?
USAGE: bpbackupdb [{-dpath disk_path} |
            {-tpath tape_device_path [-m media_ID]} |
            {-opath optical_device_path [-m media_ID]}]
           [-nodbpaths] [-v] [path...]
$ bperror -S 120
cannot find configuration database record for requested NB database backup
The program that backs up the NetBackup internal catalogs could not find the attributes that indicate which media IDs to use or paths to back up. This error should not occur under normal circumstances.

Looks to me like you have to specify the tape drive to use, the media id and the list of paths that you want to backup.  So you'll need to mount the tape you need in the drive you want to use, and probably grab/munge the list of paths from the output of:
$ bpsyncinfo -l -M $master
...all before calling "bpbackupdb".

HAN
Level 3
I recall using just the bpbackupdb command just by itself without any of the other switches, etc.

I found out what was going on...

In the JAVA GUI, I couldn't select the proper master server in the drop down list. I tried using the mouse to select it and to also have the field selected and using the arrow keys. Nothing worked.

I'd never used the bpscyninfo command and when I ran it it showed a media server was selected as I saw in the GUI:

Server: master02

I had to cycle the  NBU processes, then I was able to select the actual master server in the GUI.  After the change it showed:

Server: master01

Once that was setup, I simply ran the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb command and it is now running properly!

Thanks for the help!