cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpclimagelist - how does it work

DennisBerry
Level 2

Hi, I have a linux server with with netbackup client installed. I am running the bpclimagelist command from this server (/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpclimagelist) to see the status of backup jobs that have been scheduled to run on this server. Can someone tell me where does bpclimagelist get it's information from - is it from log files on the local server or is it from the image database on the Master server ?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Any listing of backup images comes from the images catalog on the Master Server (either db\images or also the EMM in NBU  7.5)

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Any listing of backup images comes from the images catalog on the Master Server (either db\images or also the EMM in NBU  7.5)

Hope this helps

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
bpclimagelist provides information about backup images of successful backup, but does not provide status code of failed jobs. To get status code of backups, use "bperror -backstat" on master server instead.

DennisBerry
Level 2

@Mark

Thank you, that's what I suspected. There does not seem to be much documentation anywhere so I was seeking confirmation on this aspect of it. So to ask a question, if my client loses connection to the Master Server then my locally running bpclimagelist command will fail ?

@Yasuhisa

I understand what you are saying, however, I do not have access to the master server so I am not able to run any commands on it. I only have access to the client and I was trying to learn as much as I can about running the bpclimagelist command on it.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
You are right - without connection to the master you will not be able to get the output from the command - it would probably fail with a failed to connect 25 error (or similar - i haven't actually tried it) Glad we could help