Did you mean: 

drves are in AVR mode,robot was not detecting in sg level

koya
Level 4

Hi,

NBU version : 6.5.3

Robote type : TLD

actually we have issue with library its fine now

but before that when we have an library issue that time drives were went to AVR mode

now the library fine

but still we have issue with robot connectivity

it is not detecting under media server(sg) level

ltid,vmd,tldcd.tlddd...are fine

Could any one please help me out

Let me know if you need more

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Can you find your robot on sgscan(/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan) or scan(/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scan)? If not, I guess you need to reconfigure sg devices by sg.build & sg.install command. This happens when robots and drives attached by FC be replaced. For more detail about reconfiguring, refer Device Configuration Guide.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

When you say its not detecting under media server (SG), do you mean you cant see it if you run sgscan?

Please paste the output of vmoprcmd -d and sgscan.

R

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Can you find your robot on sgscan(/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan) or scan(/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/scan)? If not, I guess you need to reconfigure sg devices by sg.build & sg.install command. This happens when robots and drives attached by FC be replaced. For more detail about reconfiguring, refer Device Configuration Guide.

koya
Level 4

can i know exact solution for this(AVR mode)...

Thanks to All

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
# cd /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/driver # ../sg.build all -mt 6 -ml 9 # rm /kernel/drv/sg.conf # ./sg.install Here I configured sg driver as to recognize devices which SCSI target is up to 6 and LogicalUnit Numer up to 9. When you wonder what value you should set for each option, check contents of existing sg.conf.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So, if I understand correctly, the robot was faulty and got repaired in the meantime. If it's something like a controller or main board that was replaced, you will have to rescan at O/S level.

Either do a reconfiguration reboot (preferrably with -v) or do devfsadm.

Is library SCSI or fibre attached? Which version of Solaris? If Solaris 9 and robot is fibre attached, you might need to perform additional steps at O/S level to rescan (cfgadm...).

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

perform additional steps at O/S level to rescan (cfgadm...)..."

Yep. Just got caught out with that the other week when we had a tape drive replaced. Took me a while before the penny dropped.

Basic steps I had to follow (I had a good go at breaking it before I fixed it!):
cfgadm
rebuild sg
scan to confirm
Device Config Wizard for good measure.

Will_Restore
Level 6

cfgadm -al | grep changer

must be connected configured at the OS level before Netbackup can access it