Highlighted

exam.

Hi There,

i would like to take netbackup exam, can anyone give advice me which one should i go for in the following:-

and please give  the tips for it.Should i take with the course or only the exam,Please advice me on this also.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

As already posted above,

unless you already have a good grounding in NetBackup, I would also advise going on the course prior to any certification, even if you've already some experience. Apart from anything else it would get you into the right 'mind-set' .

Again, as already covered, go for 7.x due to 6.x being EOL *very* soon.

You may well have already seen these:

Exam 250-271: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for Unix

- contain a few 'useful' links.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Certs

Better to be certified for 7.5 as 6.x (which includes 6.5.6) will fall out of support in October.

I (and hopefully everybody else) would STRONGLY recommend taking the course prior to taking the exam.

Highlighted

Why do you think taking

Why do you think taking course is important? what if I will just read the guides and go to exam. will it be ok? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

The exams are based on the

The exams are based on the training material.

I normally 'borrow' training manuals to scan through when I need to take exam for new version.

See this link: http://www.symantec.com/training/certification/

Highlighted

I would have agree with Chris

I would have agree with Chris Z. - the exams are based on the courses.  However, if you have sufficient experience you might be ok, as well as reading the guides.

Martin

Highlighted
Accepted Solution!

As already posted above,

unless you already have a good grounding in NetBackup, I would also advise going on the course prior to any certification, even if you've already some experience. Apart from anything else it would get you into the right 'mind-set' .

Again, as already covered, go for 7.x due to 6.x being EOL *very* soon.

You may well have already seen these:

Exam 250-271: Administration of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for Unix

- contain a few 'useful' links.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!