Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to migrage NBU master Server and update the NBU 5.1 product to 6.5

hp106
Level 2
Certified

hi:

we have an HP PC server which windows 2003 server with sp2 runs on . we use  Netbackup 5.1 enterprise server (master server),and we use that HP PC server as a NBU master server. Now ,i want to migrate the master server to IBM X3650 server which with the same OS, same Hostname. and we have 3 media servers (Solaris 9 and HPunix) connect to the VTL, and some windows client, oracle agent.

after migrate master server successfully, i'll update NBU 5.1 to 6.5.

Now, i don't know how to do.......

can you give me some advices to me ? it's better if you have same case that you 've solved.

thks 

my mail address:                          huang106ping@126.com

3 REPLIES 3

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified

I guess, you need to start here....

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290185.htm

hp106
Level 2
Certified

thks . now i gonna migrate my master server (NBU 5.1) to another server with the same hostname.

but i don't know how to finish it .

can you give me some advice?                       Smiley Happy

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified

Like 6.5, we don't have any relational databases to migrate, we are talking about flat files here in 5.1

I guess, this is a good opportunity for you to do a DR using your catalog backup tapes?

In case you don't want to do that, you can tar and copy the whole of /usr/openv/netbackup/db and /usr/openv/volmgr/db directory after you install the netbackup server software on the new server that you intending to migrate to.

You also need to copu /usr/openv/var and couple of other files and directories. I prefer doing a DR.