Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!installing SAN Media server!! - help

Graeme_Welsh
Level 5
hi

installing a SAN media server,
have setup a new robot in devices (set my master as robot control host), should i use robot 0 again for this device?
now trying to create STU, but cant select my SAN media server as the media server for the STU,
anything else im missing?
5 REPLIES 5

zippy
Level 6
!!you rarely give points, Bob helps you all the time; sooooo its hard to help when you don't reciprocate!!

Graeme_Welsh
Level 5
theres points here to be made James!

zippy
Level 6
Graeme,

Thanks for the points, it was not needed yet but thanks anyhow.

you have one library one robot and one master and one media manager, correct?

if this is correct then you have the use the same robot, the master will control when the media manger is to backup a client, the master is the controller of all activities within the netbackup enviroment.

PDF reading for you

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/

JD

Graeme_Welsh
Level 5
one master, also EMM server, a number of clients, being backed up by this master/media server, one robot, SAN attached

have now installed a SAN Media server, the same robot is visible to this server, can add the device under devices\robots, however, when i configure a new STU for the SAN media job, and attempt to choose the SAN media server for that STU, then only the master server is selectable. i understood that STUs were essentially logical devices pointing to physical devices, and u should configure a new STU for the SAN media server? or am i totally wrong

Graeme_Welsh
Level 5
sorted, i had added all our licence keys (including the SSO licences) only on the master server, added them onto the SAN media server, and all was OK....