cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managing second master

Stanleyj
Level 6

I just recently made a 5200 appliance a master server at our DR site so that i could use AIR to replicate images from my datacenter. 

is it possible to manage my primary master server and now my DR master server from one admin console?

I am running 2.0.2 on the appliance and Netbackup 7.1.0.3 as my primary master.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Easiest way is to install the Windows Remote Admin Console on your PC

Ensure your PC Name is listed as a valid server in the host properties of both Master Servers Host Properties

Open the Backup, Archive and Restore GUI on your PC (gets installed with the Admin Console) and go to File - Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type

Select the Edit Server List button and make sure both Masters are in the list

Save this and exit

When you open the Admin Console it goes to your default Master - to change simply click the server symbol in the top left and you will find it has a drop down with the other server in - select it and it will open for that one

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Easiest way is to install the Windows Remote Admin Console on your PC

Ensure your PC Name is listed as a valid server in the host properties of both Master Servers Host Properties

Open the Backup, Archive and Restore GUI on your PC (gets installed with the Admin Console) and go to File - Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type

Select the Edit Server List button and make sure both Masters are in the list

Save this and exit

When you open the Admin Console it goes to your default Master - to change simply click the server symbol in the top left and you will find it has a drop down with the other server in - select it and it will open for that one

Hope this helps

Stanleyj
Level 6

I will give that a shot!