cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master's node in a cluster showing media in gui and cannot configure drives

16ris10
Level 6

ok, this thread is kind of a continuation to another thread. the issue now am facing is different. but for the detail of the story: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-add-master-clustered-nbu-75

now the issue is: am not able to configure tape drives for the node2 of the clustered master server. and also if you see the gui, its listed as media server though nbeemmcmd shows as master though i manually added the entries. a couple of screenshots and output as shown below. please advice: hwo to make this node2 master or its the way it is going to be since its not the active node. and how to configure node2's tape drives.

[root@master01]# ./nbemmcmd -listhosts
NBEMMCMD, Version: 7.5
The following hosts were found:
server           nbu.domain.com
cluster          nbu.domain.com
master           master01.domain.com
media            media01.domain.com
media            media02.domain.com
media            media04.domain.com
media            media03.domain.com
master           master02.domain.com
Command completed successfully.

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Havent had chance to read through everything but my initial thought is that you need to do the config on the active node then fail over and run it again with the other node active - just run the wizard against master01 then fail over and run it against master02 which should then be in the list

16ris10
Level 6

thanks for you post, you are absolutely right. had many problems. i created another topic since this wasn't popping up when i needed it. it went for the moderators to check.

the issue is resolved. and can be closed (i dont know if i have an option of closing this thread)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I still feel your cluster was not correctly installed and configured from the start....

Yes, you had a lot of help to get it fixed, but what you are currently seeing is proof of what I'm saying.

Back in NBU 6.5 days adding cluster nodes was a bit more difficult and I did not know about cluster_add_node script and also tried to manually add cluster node with nbemmcmd command. Because my command was incorrect, I could not get 2nd node configured as media server.

Have a look at my own experience:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/add-node-netbackup-clustered-master-server 

Only after I used nbemmcmd to delete 2nd node and then found the right options to add second node could I config node 2 as media server.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I confirmed on clustered master in my lab. Offline node is listed as media server in right pane of Media Server Host Properites - it is normal.

To configure tape devices for master02, swtich nbu_group to master02 and run Device Configuration Wizard again. master02 will be listed in device host in wizard, and master01 will disapper at that time.