cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master server shown offline

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, we have cluster master servers which has two nodes: node A (active) and node B (passive). The OS of the master servers is Windows 2008 R2 SP1 and NBU version is 7.1. Recently we tried to failover from node A to node B. However, after the failover, the NetBackup Device Manager service in node B is stopped. In NBU console, under Devices-> Media Servers, the status of node B is shown as offline. I tried to manually start the device manager service but node B is still shown offline. Has anyone have any ideas regarding this? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

is it showing offline for tape  or disk Just bring it online using nbemmcmd, update  host

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO72713

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your reply.

It just shows offline. I think it means offline for both disk and tape. Which parameter should I use to bring it online?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have you verified that same license keys have been added to both nodes?
NBU Patch levels same on both nodes?

Was Device config wizard run on node B during initial setup?
EMM database keeps device info for individual node names. 
During initial setup, Device wizard must be run on active node, then failover to 2nd node and run Device wizard again.

Please post output of:
nbemmcmd -listhosts -verbose
nbemmcmd -getemmserver

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the replies. FYI, the issue was resolved by re-ran the Device Wizard from active node.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Wow! Only two months later?

This means that Device Config Wizard was never run on node 2 during initial setup? 
Glad I could point you in the right direction with questions in my post above:

Was Device config wizard run on node B during initial setup?
EMM database keeps device info for individual node names. 
During initial setup, Device wizard must be run on active node, then failover to 2nd node and run Device wizard again.