cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

net backup simulators

someswararao
Not applicable

Hiii all,

Iam new to this symentic backup I am very much intersted in backup i have seen sysmentic backup used to one of my clients and I am learning it now, I am reading the two NetBackup7.5_AdminGuideI_UNIXServer pdfs but iam not able to practice it at my home so that i can have more knowledge than visulation's so please help me were i can get simulaters to learn more and have a minimal lab setup in my laptop.

Thansk in advance

someswararao N

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

so far i recollect there ain't trial version publicly available unlike we have for backup execto try with.

If you are exsiting customer, request sales rep to provide temp keys to try with.

Guides do have visual flow and diagram with explaination of its each component and working it should help you alot learning NBU.

View solution in original post

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

There are no simulators as such, but I did post here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-appliance-lab

...some notes on how to spin up virtual appliances... but you will need a valid license key and thus the ability to download base appliance ISO installation kits - and the other thing to note is that there's not too much in these notes regarding general BAU day to day NetBackup admininistration tasks.  But it is a method to at least spin up some virtual appliances that you can then snapshot and learn from.

Alternatively, and perhaps the easiest method - is to spin up a single Windows VM - but you'll need a valid Windows license, and a valid NetBackup license key, and you could use Oracle's free hypervisor for this (and my notes contain links and some notes for that, and again you'll need to be able to original download 'base' installation traditional binaries kits.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

so far i recollect there ain't trial version publicly available unlike we have for backup execto try with.

If you are exsiting customer, request sales rep to provide temp keys to try with.

Guides do have visual flow and diagram with explaination of its each component and working it should help you alot learning NBU.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please check the Training link at the bottom of this page. Good free training available.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

There are no simulators as such, but I did post here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-appliance-lab

...some notes on how to spin up virtual appliances... but you will need a valid license key and thus the ability to download base appliance ISO installation kits - and the other thing to note is that there's not too much in these notes regarding general BAU day to day NetBackup admininistration tasks.  But it is a method to at least spin up some virtual appliances that you can then snapshot and learn from.

Alternatively, and perhaps the easiest method - is to spin up a single Windows VM - but you'll need a valid Windows license, and a valid NetBackup license key, and you could use Oracle's free hypervisor for this (and my notes contain links and some notes for that, and again you'll need to be able to original download 'base' installation traditional binaries kits.

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified