cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline Catalog

Walid_Samy
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Offline Catalog Backup isnot working after each backup season, after configuring new san media servers.
Please help!
3 REPLIES 3

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
What have you tried?  Any error messages?  Exact versions of all servers involved (both O/S version and NetBackup versions)?

Walid, excude me if I come across the wrong way, but you seem to have an aversion to reading the documentation.  You can find docs and tech notes, patches - in fact the whole NetBackup world is here:

Your questions are always one liners, and you seem to expect all of us to be mind readers and understand your problem immenditaely, and you seem to think that we can explain all you need to know in one paragraph or less.

Has it not crossed your mind that NetBackup is a product over 10 years old, and has had millions of man hours develoipment and testing time, and you seem to think that we can explain things to you in two minutes.  NetBackup is an incredibly feature rich product, and it takes awhile to learn.

I can't say this strongly enough... read the manuals, search the tech notes...  It's what we all did - and guess what - it's the only way to learn.  It's called studying.

Walid_Samy
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Well, I guess all users on this Forum is handling there problems the same way i have done. If i have a knowledge for the problem to describe i would rather solve it my self. Sir, your words leads me not to use this forum once more and spend a long time reading thousands of pages of documents. What do you think about this? I will terminate using this forum and escalate this tough responds.
Thank You.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Dude, apologies if I came across a bit harsh, and I accept that I did. Sorry.

Look, when you raise a question we all need:

1) O/S version and patch level of all machines involved.
2) NetBackup and patch level of all machines involved.
3) A brief synopsis of the architecture of your environment, i.e. what it connected to what and how...
4) Error status number, and hopefully extracts from failed jobs or log files.
5) A description of all the different things that you have tried so far to resolve the issue.
6) If it was working before and has now stopped, what exactly were *all* the changes made.

HTH, Regards, D.

P.S. Not sure if you know, but this command usually gives great starting points to resolve any error numbers...
$ bperror -S <num> -r

e.g.
$ bperror -S 41 -r
...will list all the recommended actions that a user should follow for a status 41 error before contacting official support.

BTW, this is a user based forum that is kindly hosted by Symantec.  Very few, if any, actual Symantec employees ever look in here.  For the official Symantec Support you need a support contract.