Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server not allowed access 46

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Expert,

i have master server win 2008 R2 and Client Unix Solaris 10.

i had install the client agent on the unix, but i can't access to the server (server not allowed access 46).

i have check the hosts files and bp.conf abd everything is ok, and open the firewall on both side to any, but thi problem is still.

can yu please provide me your expert answer, and i will be thankful for this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks for the screenshot - so the client is not allowing access?

Please create bpcd log folder on the client  (mkdir /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd) then run the commands listed by Omar Villa above. (bptestbpcd can only be done on a master or media server).

Please post output of these commands as well bpcd log file on client and client's bp.conf.

We need bpcd log file (will be created when you do bptestbpcd from master) and bp.conf to see how client resolves master's incoming IP address to hostname and how this hostname is compared with SERVER entries in bp.conf.

Please remember that Solaris is case sensitive and also bear in mind that a short name in bp.conf and FQDN in /etc/hosts (or the other way round) will result in hostname mismatch.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
This errors are mainly communication issues, run this and show us the outputs: From master and media Bpclntcmd -hn clientname Bpclntcmd -ip client ip Bptestbpcd -client clientname From client Same commands but point them to master and media server names Regards

Marianne
Level 6

Please tell us more about what exactly you mean by the following:
"but i can't access to the server"

How are you trying to access server from the client?

muhanad_daher
Level 6

Dear Marianne,

that what i mean with access?

Marianne
Level 6

Thanks for the screenshot - so the client is not allowing access?

Please create bpcd log folder on the client  (mkdir /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpcd) then run the commands listed by Omar Villa above. (bptestbpcd can only be done on a master or media server).

Please post output of these commands as well bpcd log file on client and client's bp.conf.

We need bpcd log file (will be created when you do bptestbpcd from master) and bp.conf to see how client resolves master's incoming IP address to hostname and how this hostname is compared with SERVER entries in bp.conf.

Please remember that Solaris is case sensitive and also bear in mind that a short name in bp.conf and FQDN in /etc/hosts (or the other way round) will result in hostname mismatch.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

.. opps, scrap that, Mariaane asked for all the details.

Zailar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Daher,

The issued error 46 in installation or in run backup?.

If run backup i think you must be create directory bpcd in master and client then bpbrm in master / media server.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH141842&actp=search&viewlocale=en_...

muhanad_daher
Level 6

the problem is solved.

i create bpcd log file and read it, the problem was in Juniper.

thank you all for your replying