Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state of volume pool

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

netbackup version : 7.6.0.3

Master server : WIN2K8R2 Ent

Hello - am tasked to do some house cleaning by deleting volume pools no longer in use in my environment. Before then, I would like to confirm this pools are not currently listed in either active SLPs & POLICIES. The delima here is that, I have close to 300 backup policies & 32 SLPs. So traditional manual check on activity monitor seems not feasible.

My question now  is ,can any one please help with commands or OPScenter query to check which of these volume pools are still listed in these policy & in use and which are not?

I appreciate your timely response on this matter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Dolly,

No command will give you the information directly, as in we cannot give a pool name and it pops out the policy or slp. You'll have to run

bppllist -L > bppllist.txt

and

nbstl -L > nbstl.txt

then go look for the pools you're targeting for deletion and update the policies accordingly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Hi Dolly,

No command will give you the information directly, as in we cannot give a pool name and it pops out the policy or slp. You'll have to run

bppllist -L > bppllist.txt

and

nbstl -L > nbstl.txt

then go look for the pools you're targeting for deletion and update the policies accordingly.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If a volume pool contain active media (media with backups) you cannot delete it. 

if you go using the GUI -> Media and Device Management -> Media - Volume Pools - > select, pool look for the "Last Written" field. If that field show newly created media, that volume pool is still being referenced by a policy.

watsons
Level 6

1) \netbackup\bin\goodies\available_media.cmd 

gives you a list of what media resides in which volume pool. From there you can easily pick out which media to check.. exclude ACTIVE, FULL , that leaves you with FROZEN & SUSPENDED. Of course it could still be a long list. Just hope not..

2) "nbemmcmd -listmedia -allrecords"  or "vmquery -a"

gives you all media detailed info and their respective volume pools. Compare against your existing list and remove those not in that output.

3) Or... get Support to do it for you, by running NBCC *grin*

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Thank you Riaan. That tips did work. Thanks

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

Pleasure Dolly