cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is command for taking client backup report in NBU 6.5

Ram_drk
Level 3
Certified
i want take client backup report using command prompt in veritas 6.5 in windows 2003.because i have take report day so i want make scripting for that 
5 REPLIES 5

Ram_drk
Level 3
Certified
i need to improve the backup writting speed in my setup. in my setup we have 1 win 2003 mater server and 3 win 2003 media server and around 300 client only windows. SL700 library 24 drivers all the drivers are shared. master and media servers are connect to libary through Fibre.

nairdheeraj
Level 4
It would be nice if you can provide details on what kind of report you are looking for. As mentioned above if you are looking at backup speed specs then I would suggest you share the current kbps speed that you obtain while backing up the client. This was we can provide a better insight as to if the speed is lower than the standards or not.

With regards to backup speed there could be many factors that can make a change.

Usually with Windows operating system.. The backup performance is slower when compared to UNIX..

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Backup Status Report
The Backup Status report shows status and error information on jobs completed within the specified time period. If an error has occurred, a short explanation of the error is included.  
# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
# ./bperror -U -backstat -s info [-d <start_date> <start_time> -e <end_date> <end_time>]

Client Backups Report
The Client Backups report shows detailed information on backups completed within the specified time period.  
# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
# ./bpimagelist -U [-A|-client name] [-d <start_date> <start_time> -e <end_date> <end_time>]

Ram_drk
Level 3
Certified
I want take the client backup report daily. so if there any possible to create scripting for that .

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Find the netbackup command and options that gives you what your are wanting to see.
then write a script using that.

Are you asking for something other then the what command you can use?