cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Reports Within OpsCenter v7.5.0.6

mnicoletti
Level 2

As I sort through the canned OpsCenter reports I am noticing that most reports, concerning a daily list of failures and completions, list "all" backups jobs.  I would like to see a reports listing ONLY the successful backups and a seperate report showing only one iteration of the failures.

For example :

Our reports now show all of the failures even though the last attempt on a particular job might have been successful.  The report still requires interaction from our backup team as we need to weed out the "false/positive" jobs.

9:00 pm - Job 1234 get a 156 error 

9:30 pm - Job 1234 get a 156 error 

9:45 pm - Job 1234 get a 156 error 

10:00 pm - Job 1234 get has been complete successfully

The "failure" report shows all of the failures, even though the job was eventually successful.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

1 REPLY 1

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Unfortunately what you want is what is called "last run logic" and it is only available at this time on a handful of reports. The Advanced Success Rate report has - in the Filters area - the ability to discard the failed backups and only report if the job was eventually successful. Unfortunately most of the other "canned" reports do not yet have this built in logic.

Have you looked at the Advanced Success Rate report? Many of our customers find it very useful due to the number of filter options and the last run logic as mentioned. Take a look at it and see if you can make it work for you. Post back if not and we can go from there.

Cheers,

Dave