cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup/OpsCenter management pack for SCOM 2012 ?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Hello

Is there plans for a management pack for SCOM 2012 like there was a management pack for SCOM 2007 ?

Regards

Michael

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue
4 REPLIES 4

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Hello Michael,

At this time there are no plans at this time to provide the SCOM 2012 pack. .

Thanks,

dave

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

So we will have to use the SCOM 2007 pack for the our SCOM 2012 when we switch I assume

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Yes. But I am not sure if we have tested to make sure that works so it may not be supported (but it may work).

I had this question internally a few weeks ago and the bottom line is that unfortunately we dont have very many customers using SCOM so the cycles to keep it updated were not warranted. This may change but for now OpsCenter wont be changing in the future (it is a static feature now). This does not mean it is EOL - far from it - it is just not planned for future enhancements in the forseeable future. The reporting is accurate, the performance is much better in the current version etc. So for now, what you see is what it is. As NetBackup continues to develop there may be enhancements addded but for now as long as any new features in NetBackup use the existing framework to send data to OpsCenter it wont need to be updated (the data will be sent to the database already).

Thanks,

dave

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Certainly hope that OpsCenter is not going to stay as it is now, but is improved in the near future.

To me there simply are too many things that does not work as needed/expected for OpsCenter to be where I report/monitor/adminstrate netbackup. Know from user group & mail lists that I am not the only that have this opinion