cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter WebServer Service Not Starting

mghall
Not applicable

I've been tasked to install OpsCenter onto a VM. The install completed successfully, but when I try to connect to the applicaiton I'm unable to. I've checked the services, and everything except the OpsCenter WebServer Service is running. OpsCenter is installed and running in another environment. I've compaired the configuration in both VMs and I've not been able to find any differences at this time.

This is for OpsCenter 7.5 running on a VM Windows 2008.

In the OpsCenterWebSrvService log I did find this:

Command to Run: "D:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\gui\WEBSERVER\bin\catalina.bat" run  Executed in D:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCener\gui\

Process : "D:\Program Files\Symantec\OpsCenter\gui\WEBSERVER\bin\catalina.bat" run Created with Process ID: 288

---- Command output log ---

Error:Process exited with error code = 255

CProcessMgmt[Exit]::CreateProcess

CProcessMgmt[Exit]::ApplyEnvValuesAndLaunchProcess

The process has been either terminated explicity or the process itself threw and exception & thus terminated

CProcessMgmt[Exit]::StartProcess

StartProcess API call failed

CServiceWrapper[Exit]::StartProcess

CServiceWrapper[Entry]::StopService

CServiceWrapper[Entry]::StopService- OpsCenterWebServer

Anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

watsons
Level 6

Is it just OpsCenter 7.5 base software? If so, I would patch it to the latest 7.5.0.7 as it might have bugs for older version.

If that still does not work, check if your Java version is up to date - may need to refer to OpsCenter release notes or admin guide to check what Java version is recommended to your current patch level.

Something similar to this: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166245 (for older OpsCenter version)