cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run tape inventory since OpsCenter

AntBar
Level 5

Hi,

I'm discovering OpsCenter and I'd like to know, if OpsCenter can execute robotic inventory ?  In fact, I'd like to permit some users to execute library operations like move tape and obviously run inventory robot without adminconsole.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AntBar
Level 5

I forgot this solution !!!! Perfect, i'm trying this parameter immediately

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Currently this functionality is not available within OpsCenter.

However, I do believe this is a great request and should be submitted to our Symantec Ideas Forum.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/welcome-symantec-ideas

--Tom

AntBar
Level 5

Ok, to transmit this request.

Do you know another method to make inventory without admin console ?

RonCaplinger
Level 6

You can execute a command-line inventory from a media server attached to the library using the "vmphyinv" command.  I used to run the inventory from the command line frequestnly and had even set up one-line batch files to make it easier to inventory them.

And if your tape library is a TLD type and supports it (can't remember how to find out), you can also add "AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT" to /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf.  This will tell NetBackup to recognize the SCSI command sent by your tape library when you close the tape I/O door and automatically inventory the library and update the volume database.  This is what we do now with our libraries, and it is soooo much easier!

AntBar
Level 5

I forgot this solution !!!! Perfect, i'm trying this parameter immediately