Did you mean: 

New License for SFHA is not working

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

OS = Windows 2008 SP2 (32bit)

SFHA = 5.1 SP2

Query

Few days ago my replication between two nodes was stopped and I saw the below message when I start replication. I ordered the License(VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION HA 6.0 WIN NFR LIC) and applied the new License (and also removed the old License) from Control Panel=>Programs and Features=>SFHA 5.1SP2(Server components)=>Change=>License Management. But still I am seeing the below message when I start Replication.

Replication-Stopped_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sorry, should have read post properly - "VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION HA 6.0 WIN NFR LIC" is for SF and VCS, and does not include VVR - you need a specific VVR licence to run VVR.

You need "VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION OPTION VOLUME REPLICATOR 6.0 WIN"

Mike

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

On UNIX you have to restart VVR daemons for license to take effect, so I would assume the same would be true for Windows, so try restarting VVR services and if that doesn't work, then reboot if you can.

Mike

Zahid_Haseeb

Yes I did reboot but same problem

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sorry, should have read post properly - "VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION HA 6.0 WIN NFR LIC" is for SF and VCS, and does not include VVR - you need a specific VVR licence to run VVR.

You need "VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION OPTION VOLUME REPLICATOR 6.0 WIN"

Mike

Zahid_Haseeb

included. I rebooted my second node which I forgot. Just give me a minute then I will share the result please.

Thanks Mike :)

Zahid_Haseeb

Fixed :)  ..  I forgot to apply the license on secondary node. [Just sharing because this blooper can be done by other people :) ]

(By the way "VVR licence")

Thanks all