cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2k8 server dynamic disk not showing...

rmohite
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I am using Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 sp2 with VVR option on wink8 std 64-bit OS.

I had publish a 1tb LUN on this server(Storage Foundation) which was earlier published on win2k8 std sp2 64-bit server the LUN which I am presinting on the Storage Foundation server is in dynamic but fromated in windows file system so when I publish this LUN on the Storage Foundation server its not showing me in Disk Group only its showing me Disk in VEA.

Regards,

Rohan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Rohan,

The information about the disk being dynamic and the private region information are all stored directly on the disk itself.  If the disk is dynamic and is moved to another server it will still be dynamic unless it is a different disk or the data on the disk has been altered/deleted during the move process.

Symantec Techncial Support has tools that can be used with our help to scan the disk to determine if the private region is there or not and if the data is there or not.  If are possitive that the disk is the same then please open a case with Symantec Technical Support so that we can assist you with determining why the disk is no longer dynamic.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Rohan,

The information about the disk being dynamic and the private region information are all stored directly on the disk itself.  If the disk is dynamic and is moved to another server it will still be dynamic unless it is a different disk or the data on the disk has been altered/deleted during the move process.

Symantec Techncial Support has tools that can be used with our help to scan the disk to determine if the private region is there or not and if the data is there or not.  If are possitive that the disk is the same then please open a case with Symantec Technical Support so that we can assist you with determining why the disk is no longer dynamic.

Thanks,

Wally