cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NON GLOBAL ZONE AND DG

tanislavm
Level 6

hi,

i have an physical box with solaris 10 and usualy an DG is imported on this host.i wish to have this DG up and runing inside a non-global zone created in this box.how i proceed in order to do that?

should i presents the disks which make up the DG to the non-global zone,then only vxdg import diskgroup in this non-global zone,after i deported DG from global zone?

is there a need of vxdisk scandisks?

tnx a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You cannot import disks in a non-global (local) zone, you must import in the global zone (and you must create your volumes in the global zone, and you should create the filesystem in the global zone too) and then you have the choice of a mounting the filesystem ONLY in the local zone or you can mount in the global zone and use a loop back filesystem in the local zone.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Take a look at this white paper for some background.

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/white_papers/ent-whitepaper_implementing_solaris_zones_06-2007.en-us.pdf

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You cannot import disks in a non-global (local) zone, you must import in the global zone (and you must create your volumes in the global zone, and you should create the filesystem in the global zone too) and then you have the choice of a mounting the filesystem ONLY in the local zone or you can mount in the global zone and use a loop back filesystem in the local zone.

Mike