cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User quota on Storage Exec V5.3 for NetApp

samcheung
Not applicable
I set up V5.3 and manage NetApp filer FAS250, I can add the resource of a Qtree that created on NetApp of main share call "Server" in \vol\vol0\Server. But I cannot add a manage resource that under "Server" folder. e.g there have a folder "\vol\vol0\Server\Users" contain all users home folder, I want to make a standard quota rule for all folder under the "Users" folder. But it prompt me it is not a qtree. How can I create a qtree for Users folder( when I create a qtree "Test" on NetApp, it create a folder on root \vol\vol0\Test that not under the share SERVER folder.)
1 REPLY 1

Eric_Webb
Not applicable
The Veritas StorageExec version for NetApp filers does not offer directory and/or share level quota capabilities. It lets you set quotas on the Qtree level only.

Inquire with your NetApp SE or representative. There is only one solution that provides directory and share level quota and file control capabilities. If this is critical to your needs, you will need this other solution to fulfill your needs. I hope this information is helpful.