cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need the SP1P1HF1 for vxfs

suchit
Level 3
Partner

i need to install SP1P1HF1 for vxfs. but i am not geeting link for downolad the same.if any know please let me know it is very urgunt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your patch level already includes al patches prior to RP1.

Please see https://sort.symantec.com/public/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?context=SORT_&topic=sort_patch_types

What are the different types of Symantec enterprise product patches?

Patch (P), point patch (PP), or hot fix (HF)

A fix for a specific package in one product release on a single platform.

Service pack (SP)

A collection of multiple individual patches, point patches, and hot fixes. A service pack applies to packages across the entire product on all platforms.

Rolling patch (RP)

A collection of multiple individual patches, point patches, and hot fixes. A rolling patch applies to packages across the entire product on a single platform.

Maintenance pack (MP)

A full product release that includes all previously released patches, point patches, hot fixes, and rolling patches. A maintenance pack may also contain support for new platform versions.

Platform release

A product release to support a new architecture or operating system version.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

g_lee
Level 6

Have you tried the SORT patch finder?

https://sort.symantec.com/patch/finder

Select the relevant product / platform to display patches available for download.

In the case of some hotfixes, you may need to log a call with support to download the patch, depending on the specific nature of the fix/bug.

suchit
Level 3
Partner

checked the same on https://sort.symantec.com/patch/finder but this hot fix is not avalible over there

g_lee
Level 6

Without knowing the platform (eg: AIX, Linux, HP-UX) it's rather hard to try to track it down for you.

As mentioned above, not all hotfixes are readily available for download - if you are unable to find it via the patch finder, you will need to call Support to obtain the download location.

Marianne

In addition to OS, please also tell us which SF version you are using. VxFS patches are included in the Storage Foundation patches.

Where did you get the requirement for this very specific patch version from?

If you download the very latest ptch for you OS / SF combination, all previous patches/hotfixes are included.

Pascal92
Level 2

hello everybody

i have the same problème for cloning an production database between 2 servers

my server target is in solaris10_u9 ,  with VXVM 5.0 and VXFS 5.0

i need to upgrade olf vxfs version 5   to  version 6 or 7  for be use with SF5.1 ..

so i need  SP1P1HF1 ..

where i can find this Hotfix please? i can open a call but  i don"t have a lot of time..

bye

suchit
Level 3
Partner

OS version :-  Redhat suse linux 11 Kernal x64 2.6

Sotrage founation version :- SFCFS 5.1SP1RP1

Marianne

Your patch level already includes al patches prior to RP1.

Please see https://sort.symantec.com/public/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?context=SORT_&topic=sort_patch_types

What are the different types of Symantec enterprise product patches?

Patch (P), point patch (PP), or hot fix (HF)

A fix for a specific package in one product release on a single platform.

Service pack (SP)

A collection of multiple individual patches, point patches, and hot fixes. A service pack applies to packages across the entire product on all platforms.

Rolling patch (RP)

A collection of multiple individual patches, point patches, and hot fixes. A rolling patch applies to packages across the entire product on a single platform.

Maintenance pack (MP)

A full product release that includes all previously released patches, point patches, hot fixes, and rolling patches. A maintenance pack may also contain support for new platform versions.

Platform release

A product release to support a new architecture or operating system version.