cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view disks within Hitachi array

ungahz
Level 2
hi all. i have 2 servers im working on (both Solaris 9). one has a bunch of individual LUN's which i can easily view and see what data is where.

on the 2nd server i have a Hitachi SAN Array attached. how do i see the info on the individual disks (there are 20 in the array)? when i run vx commands all i get is the total information on the Hitachi device itself but not the disks in the array.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
Hello,

could you more elaborate on the issue ? what info you want to look in individual disks of array ?

Gaurav

ungahz
Level 2
well i need to remove a good portion of the disks as the space is going to waste. if this was just a bunch of luns attached to a server i can see each one and how/if they are used. with the SAN array i cannot see how the volumes are spread across the san array.

thanks

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
Hello...

Well I guess following commands should help you in determining this:

# vxdisk -o alldgs -e list   (so that you can match Veritas disks names with OS disk names, also you can see if disk is part of any diskgroup)

In the above command, if the coulmn named "Group" is blank, that means disk is not used in any diskgroup & can be taken off...

If you see that disk is part of diskgroup, check with following command:

# vxprint -htg <diskgroup> | grep <veritas_disk_name>  (This will tell whether disk is part of any volume or not)

Not sure if this helps.

Gaurav