cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent reports Unable to Get Status

David_Hicks_2
Level 4

I have deployed the System Restore Agent to a server and it worked fine. Suddenly, yesterday, the agent reports back as Unable to get Status and I get a System.Restore.InteropServices.COME exception (0x8000000A) error. I also now get this error when checking the status of the local server where BESRO is installed. I also get a message from the Agent in the system tray of the local server saying that it failed to Reconcile changes last time.

I've uninstalled all Agents and the SR software and rienstalled and all still the same.

Any thoughts on why this is occurring all of a sudden?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

According to the following technote; http://support.veritas.com/docs/302948 this is due to an issue with the .NET framework. Try the steps outlined in the technote, and report back with the results.

I'd suspect that there was an update to .NET or an installation of another product which uses .NET which corrupted the framework.

David_Hicks_2
Level 4

Sorry for the delay in replying, had the luxury of a week off.

I followed the Tech Note 302948 as suggested, by uninstalling BESRO and rebooting, reinstalling .NET 2.0 framework and rebooting, re-installing BESRO and rebooting and then launching the BESR console, but I am in the same boat again, 'unable to get status' and the same error as mentioned in the Tech Note.

Anyone got any further suggestions on a fix?

Cheers.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Do you get teh same issue if you installed the full build instead of the 'Option' or 'basic' versions?

justinr
Level 2
Partner

I'm having this same exact issue: last Thursday I installed the Agent to a server, and now I am unable to communicate with that agent, with the same error stated above.  I've tried the resolution posted in that article you supplied, but this had no effect - still 'Unable to determine status'.

Any ideas?

Joseph_L_
Level 5
Employee

Follow this document to republish BESR to BESRm manually.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/307831

justinr
Level 2
Partner

The Manager Option is not installed, we don't use it.  As a second step to attempt to resolve this, I've installed the full Backup Exec System Recovery to this target machine.  It installed fine, but shows the exact same error message: 'Unable to determine status', with the Error details showing the same as the original post with the error code 0x8000000A.

Looking in the event viewer, it shows an application entry with the following three error codes: EC8F1780, EC8F1771, EBAB0013.  Doing a search on these errors points to some problem with the hard drives/mbr... but the only solution I haven't tried is reformatting the drive, which on a production machine, isn't possible.

Any other ideas?

David_Hicks_2
Level 4
What spec of server are you running it on? I was using an HP DL380 G3 and I'm getting an idnetical server shipped over from the States to prove/ disprove its not the hardware at fault. Other than that, I, and Symantec Support, have been stumped so far.

justinr
Level 2
Partner
A Dell PowerEdge 1950, so clearly different hardware.  I don't believe it's hardware related, as BESR runs flawlessly on two other identical builds.

David_Hicks_2
Level 4
I agree, as I have identical hardware running BESR flawlessly too. Does yor Dell run SATA at all,a s that's my only hardware query with mine at the moment?

justinr
Level 2
Partner
Nope, scsi.