cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altiris Console Error

Hemant_Darji
Level 3

Dear All,

I am facing an error when trying to open Manage Task in Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution In Altiris Console. It throws an error which I used to not get earlier all of sudden it has started throwing such error and I could not register the Lisences and other Configuration in the same.

I have attached the Log file the which contains error due to which I can not view the Manage Task Tab Contains on the Console of Altiris other tabs are viewable and I can work on the other tabs. But only this tab throws an error. Please help me in resloving the issue so I could work in a better way.

Thanks

Regards

Hemant Darji

11 REPLIES 11

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried to restart the server ? Has the password for the service user expired ?

criley
Employee Accredited

Reproduce the error and then check in the system/application event logs - what errors do you see?

Hemant_Darji
Level 3

Thanks for the reply I have gone to the system/application event log and the errors i see is as follows.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Backup Exec System Recovery
Event Category:    High Priority
Event ID:    100
Date:        9/30/2010
Time:        10:59:53 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    AIMALT
Description:
Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
    Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.
        Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume. (UMI:V-281-3215-6016)

Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

Now what type of service or thing does it needs i could not get through it.

Regards

Hemant Darji

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55012

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you sure that's the correct error for the issue you originally mentioned? I only ask because that error is specific to the BESR client, not the management solution.

As previously mentioned, please reproduce the error by attempting to access the Manage Tasks section and then provide a screen shot of the error you see along with the errors you see in the event logs at the same time.

Hemant_Darji
Level 3

I have attached the Screen Shot with Error Log file been generated during opening the Manage Task in Altiris.

Regards

Hemant Darji

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Looks like a connection problem with the database ?! have you checked the DB and connection ?

Hemant_Darji
Level 3

The connection to DB is working fine I have checked the same.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

We had a similar problem, where the root cause were NULL values in certain fields in the database. I resolved the issue by entering the correct values manually.

Hemant_Darji
Level 3

Further to your message. I have attached further screen shot and error log which is seen on the screen when viewing the Manage Task Tab in Altiris.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, I think you've reached a point where you should file a case with symantec.