Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 A Test That Safeguards the Integrity

Triven
Level 4

Afternoon All,

I am receiving the below message when trying to backup my data:

Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.
  Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, Computer::CreateImageFile: .\Computer.cpp(1453): guid != Guid() && sequence != 0xffffffff. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Triven
Level 4

Thanks for your comments guys, The issue has appeared to have been resolved.

A colleague of mine fixed the issue.

All he did was ping the backup destination (in this case a snap server), as soon as he saw it was responding he restarted the Backup Exec Recovery Services and the backup ran fine.

If i run into a similar problem in the future i will upgrade to SP5 as first suggested.

Thanks for your help and time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

Please confirm the service pack level of BESR 2010 that you are using (check in Help/About).

If not 9.0.5.x, please update to this version using LiveUpdate or this (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193127). A reboot is required.

This sounds very similar to an issue that is already fixed in the product.

Triven
Level 4

Current Version is: 9.0.2.37914

I assume i need to run a few updates, I will try those and let you know how it goes

criley
Employee Accredited

You can do directly from 9.0.2 - 9.0.5 with one reboot required.

Triven
Level 4

Thanks for your comments guys, The issue has appeared to have been resolved.

A colleague of mine fixed the issue.

All he did was ping the backup destination (in this case a snap server), as soon as he saw it was responding he restarted the Backup Exec Recovery Services and the backup ran fine.

If i run into a similar problem in the future i will upgrade to SP5 as first suggested.

Thanks for your help and time.