cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Error on client machine

FJHack
Level 4

Hi,

the BESR2010 Client is not accessible and I got following Messages on the client:

Fehler EC8F1780: Die Änderungen seit der letzten Sitzung können nicht ordnungsgemäß abgestimmt werden.
 Fehler EC8F1771: Die aktuellen Laufwerke auf diesem System können nicht aufgelistet werden.
  Fehler E0BB0147: Operation 'Snap Volume' ist derzeit nicht für Volume aktiviert. (UMI:V-281-3215-6016)

This is the first Installation on this computer. Having this Error, I tried / tested the following without effort:

DCOM is activated and the users Everyone  and System have full rights.

All files in Schedule and History below C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery are deleted

Fixinstall.bat was called

What went wrong??

CU

FJHack

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried to reinstall BESR resp. rebooted before the first backup was run ?

FJHack
Level 4

Hi Markus,

yes of course I booted the machine before I tried to connect to it. Before each try, the machine was deployed via WDS and afterwards the BESR Client was installed on it.

first try: Installation via Console application, reboot, attempt to connect->failed, checked the DCOM-settings (were ok), deleted the files in the subdirs of C:\Documents..., reboot, attempt to connect -> failed, run fixinstall, reboot, attempt to connect -> failed

second try: Custom Installation via remote desktop, same steps as the first try

third try: Custom Installation directly on the client machine, same steps as the first try

fourth try: Complete Installation directly on the client machine, same steps as the first try

I didn't try to install the BESR Client via script (which is the aspiration)

.... and the day was over without result

Couriously enough, some machines work, some not.

The machines are in some subnets 10.128.251. and 10.128.248. But there is no difference in the behaviour, the not working clients are spread on both nets. The machines run the OSes XP 32bit, Win2k3 32bit, Win7 64bit, Win2k8r2 64bit, the most problems we have are with the Win7 and Win2k8r2 machines.

I learned, that if I want to deploy a 2008r2 or Win7 client, the installation won't run via console application. (But we want to deloy the BESR client software via WDS, so this should not be the biggest of our problems. By the way, the previously mentioned commandline for installing the BESR Client won't work on most of the machines.)

My fear is that there are some settings I don't know about, that prevent the client form working.

CU

FJHack

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, really odd things are going on ! Have you thought about opening a case with Symantec ?

FJHack
Level 4

Yes, I fear I have to do so.

The last case I opened was not answered the way I can use it. I think there were too many questions in that case.

We try to get a technican solving the problems....

CU

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

FJHack
Level 4

This machines are completely new installed. Since that time this machines showes no problem, except of the 10.xx.xx.xx network-address problem.

But I don't know what the problem was, might occur again...