cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 and Windows 7 Problem

GeorgeMad
Level 2
Accredited

I upgraded my BESR from 8.5 on WinXP to BESR 2010 (Ver: 9.0.0.35656) on Windows 7.

I had a VBS script that I used with 8.5 that worked just fine until I upgraded. To 2010. 

Here is what is not working any more: I have a backup drive that is connected as an External USB connect drive to my PC. I use that as my backup drive. It is a F: and has a name: “OneTouch 4” My script was written to create a new subdirectory each month in a format of "MM-YY", create a Full backup and incremental on Mon, Wed, Fri. The problem I am experiencing in BESR 2010 is with the folder that is being created with this code: 

sRootFolder = "F:\BESRimages"
    ' Create Folder
Set oFolder = oFSO.CreateFolder(sRootFolder & "\" & sThisMonthsName)
    ' Set Target location and File spec for images
Set oNetLocation_C_Image = CreateObject("Symantec.VProRecovery.NetworkLocation")   
  oNetLocation_C_Image.Path = sRootFolder & "\" & sThisMonthsName   
  oNetLocation_C_Image.FileSpec = sServerName & "_C"

The folder gets created just fine, however, it is defined as Type: "Network Destination" and BESR 2010 errors out with this error: 

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Feb-10-Backup.           
Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.

I tried changing the: 
CreateObject("Symantec.VProRecovery.NetworkLocation") to
CreateObject("Symantec.VProRecovery.ExternalLocation")

This resulted in the folder being created in the correct location (example this month it should be: “F:\BESRimages\Feb-10”), however the job that was created in the BESR has the “Destination” labeled as “Unknown” and BESR Job fails again.

Actual Destination in BESR Job folder that gets created is of this format:  "[]F:\BESRimages\Mon-YY" . I think that "[" plus nothing in between and "]"  (resulting in "[]") should include the disk name and in my case should look like this: "[OneTouch 4]F:\BESRimages\Mon-YY" . I think that is why there is a problem.

Can anyone please help to figure out what is the problem and if the problem is Win7 or BESR 2010 or my lack of skill with VBS programming – which is probably the case.

0 REPLIES 0