cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.0 offsite destination using ftp

Irvine_Consulti
Not applicable
I ran my first test of this feature last night.  So far no luck.  I set up a job to do a local full image and an offsite copy via ftp.  The local image wrote fine.  The offsite did not run.  The ftp log at the target does not even show an attempt.  I can use command line ftp from the host in question to the ftp destination, no problem.

Can anyone make any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Dave
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Under Tasks > Options > Destinations > Configure FTP what are the settings present; have you modified these settings from their default state?  Use active mode when connections or transfer attempts fail in passive mode, or when you receive data socket errors. When an FTP client connects using active mode, the server opens a connection to an specific IP Address and port. You may want to refer to the User guide for more information on these settings. In the Folder, Network Path, FTP address are you using the IP address to the FTP server or the public server name; have you tried both? Does the FTP address path contain high ASCII characters – does the credentials; have you tried shortening it total length? Is the BESR service running as a specific administrator account or as the local system account; I would try both.