cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Manager 7.0 Backup Status interpretation

Ibi_Admin
Level 3
We run about 90 BESR computers in the compnay wide and manage the status with BESR Manager on the server.  We constantly have 20 to 25 computers to which Backup Status is "At Risk".  However, about half of "At Risk " computers really have at least one recovery point less than a week old.

I also noticed that "Computer Status" is "Error" or "In progress" as to the At Risk computers having recovery points.  I confirmed some of the "In progress" PC is actually off line.

How shold I interpret these status?

2 REPLIES 2

RBall
Level 5

Ignore the console status completely and browse your recovery points to see if you have recent backups. I've had instances where everything was green and "Backed Up" and nothing had been written for 2 days. While recovery points did exists, 20 or so incrementals had not run.

The management console is not to be trusted. Hopefully that will change in v8 (I can hope)

I have found the emails about failures reliable even when the console still shows all green.

RB

Ibi_Admin
Level 3
Thank you, RB.  I opened the case with Symantec and they are now investigating the issue.  When I got a meaningful response, I will post it again.  We have over 80 client PCs using BESR.  I am reluctant to check all the recovery points for these.