cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Offsite backup has stopped.

Jon_Williams
Level 2
The BESR offsite copy function has stopped working, with the following message in the event log.

Error EC8F1F5B: Cannot create offsite copy for job Drive Backup of (D:\). Error EC8F1F5E: Cannot create offsite copy of C:\BESR - D drive backup\D_Drive002_i001.iv2i. Error EBAB03F1: Unspecified error.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

I use 2 USB probable HD's for the offsite copy. which have loads of free space and had beed working fine since i stated using it. But it has stopped working

Can anyone help with this please?
Regards
Jon
3 REPLIES 3

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Jon

Delete the backup job, restart your machine, then recreate the job. Move the existing recovery points into a new folder before creating the new job.

Jon_Williams
Level 2

Hi
Thanks for the help, this was just what i did. Do you have any idea what could cause this type of thing?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
It's possible that something on the drive changed, such as a drive letter. Obviously that or some other association changed, most likely when they drive was removed from the USB port and plugged back in, or some other USB device plugged in. Regardless, if it happens again, we can try to delete the off-site settings in the job rather than the job itself and see if we can drill down a little more into why this happened.