cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Server 8.0.3: Error E0BB0147

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I am running BESR Server edition, recently ugraded to v8.0.3 from v8.0.2 via Live Update. I am running on Windows 2003 Server.

I have a backup job that does drive backups of 4 drives. This job used to work. Since the upgrade to v8.0.3, it now fails with the following:

-Cannot create a virtual volume image of the selected drive.
--Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume.

I have followed the instructions to run FixInstall.bat, from this support doc, but it still fails. Any ideas?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293414.htm

The following services that seem related to BESR are running:

Backup Exec System Recovery
   Symantec SymSnap VSS Provider

If it's relevant, service "Volume Shadow Copy" is not running, and is set to "Manual".

Also: BESR is installed in a non-standard place: E:\apps\symantec\BackupExecSystemRecovery. My OS install is D:\windows, and my "Program Files" directory is also on D:

Thank  you,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I may have found the answer here of all places (search for E0BB0147): http://www.eventid.net/displayqueue.asp?eventid=100

Like this person, I did not have a "SymSnapService" service, so I did this:

sc create SymSnapService binPath= "e:\apps\Symantec\BackupExecSystemRecovery\Shared\Drivers\SymSnapService.exe"

and sure enough now my backup job is running again.

Can anyone verify that this is, in fact, the valid thing to do? What is the list of services that should be present and running for BESR Server, v8.0.3, on Windows 2003 server?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I may have found the answer here of all places (search for E0BB0147): http://www.eventid.net/displayqueue.asp?eventid=100

Like this person, I did not have a "SymSnapService" service, so I did this:

sc create SymSnapService binPath= "e:\apps\Symantec\BackupExecSystemRecovery\Shared\Drivers\SymSnapService.exe"

and sure enough now my backup job is running again.

Can anyone verify that this is, in fact, the valid thing to do? What is the list of services that should be present and running for BESR Server, v8.0.3, on Windows 2003 server?

Symanticus
Level 6

Hi Rob,

I also receive the error of:

Date: 28/02/2009 1:00:44 AM
Notification Type: Error
Priority: High
Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: ExchangeServer07 Total Full backup. Error EC8F03EA: Cannot create a virtual volume image of the selected drive.

Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume.

Error E0BB0147: The operation '%1' is not currently enabled for this %2.
Details: 0xE0BB0147

when i tried to execute the automated backup job.

did you solve it already ?

Rob_Vollum
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Albert,

Yes, the post that I made about me having to recreate the service (the post that you commented on) turned out to fix the issue for me.

For me, the specific problem was the upgrade from 8.0.2, to 8.0.3. Something in that process is broken so during the upgrade the required service got deleted.

I'd suggest that you look to see if your service is missing, too, and if so use the steps I outlined to recreate it.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Symanticus
Level 6

Rob,

thanks for your input. By the way, I've restarted my server and the backup is now running successfully :)

Cheers,

Al