cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR and SBS 2003 - Agent Status: Object is not connected to Server message

nobilis
Level 2

Greetings, I've been using BESR 6.5 on SBS 2003 quite successfully over the past 2-3 years.  I had a W3SVC related crash that involved me shutting down rebooting my server.  Upon reboot I got the "Agent Status: Object is not connected to Server message", no serial number listed etc.  when i launched the backup exec to see if my backups were back on track. They were not.  The solution I used prior (last week, still working on W3SVC issue) was to unistall/reinstall the BESR software. It then worked.  This time, I would hope there might be a way to get it back on track without reinstalling it.

This is a very recent development. As I mentioned previouse, it's been running very well over the past couple years (after applying available patches).

Also, as a side note.  In the past, whenever I rebooted my server, invariably the Exchange Store would fail to start.  After unistalling the BESR 6.5 software and rebooting, that behavior went away, only to return after reinstalling BESR 6.5.  This is something I can live with, but since I was asking for help, I thought I would throw that in.  Thanks so much for any assistance. 
1 REPLY 1

wsmery
Not applicable

nobilis, I am seeng something similar. How did you resolve your issue?