cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR fail to backup when hard dirve got bad sector

minyken
Level 2

BESR fail to backup when my hard disk have bad sector.

i tried chkdsk /f on my c drive. i still can't back up my drive. is there any way i can clone my old drive(bad sector drive) to a new drive? anyone can help will be appreicated. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marcogsp
Level 6
Please edit your job settings to "Ignore bad sectors during copy"  You'll find this option
after clicking the Advanced button on the Options page.

Definitely replace the hard drive ASAP, and while things are still operational.  Bad sectors counts have a way of growing rapidly once the process starts

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

minyken
Level 2
Device\\. \ SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read 20496 sectors starting at LBA 1249424

-Error E7C3000F: Device\\. \ SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read 20496 sectors starting at LBA 1249424

-Error EBAB03F1: Data Error(cyclic reducdancy check).

is there anyway to clone my existing hard disk(bad sector drive) to a new drive? can i use "copy my hard drive" under tools? Cause my old hard drive(bad sector drive) still working. pls advise on how to backup or clone my existing drive using BESR 8.0.

marcogsp
Level 6
Please edit your job settings to "Ignore bad sectors during copy"  You'll find this option
after clicking the Advanced button on the Options page.

Definitely replace the hard drive ASAP, and while things are still operational.  Bad sectors counts have a way of growing rapidly once the process starts

minyken
Level 2
thanks for your help, marcogsp.

I can backup after follow your instruction.
there is one more question. after i repalce a hard drive, i just restore it as normal and it's ready to go? or do i need to something else to ensure everything is restored properly?

thanks

GFX
Level 3
Partner
If you plan to restore to a single hard drive yes, but if this a RAID then rebuild RAID and the install normal.

Please let us know if this work, or if you run to any issues.

GFX

marcogsp
Level 6
Expanding on GFX's reply here:

If you follow GFX's recomendations, you should be okay.  It wouldn't hurt to do a CHKDSK /s afterward since there are bad sectors on the original drive. It is a more thourough check than the /F option and it will be slower.

Also, be certain that your replacement drive is compatible with the drive controller in the system.  I once tried to upgrade the drive in an older Dell system that despite what the documentation said, was not compatible as a boot device.  I had to restore the original drive and use the intended repalcement as a secondary drive in the same system.

If you do a Restore Anyware with your image to different hardware, you may also run into controller issues.  I ran into this with a Dell Dimension 8300, Win2k, on an ATA drive.  When I did a Restore Anyware to a Dimension 8400 with a SATA drive, I was prompted for the SATA controller drivers, despite the controller being a very common Intel product.  I guess the SRD drivers were not Win2k compatible.  Once I supplied the Win2k version of the drivers, the restore succeeded.