cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR keeps creating a new baseline

Chris_Wallis
Level 3
We have a had a couple of power issues and the destination storage for the backup job has been rebooted and after this happens the file server keeps creating a new baseline instead of just creating a new incremental job it starts a new baseline and then this will delete the old baseline and all the incremental jobs. I don't want this to happen is there anyway to force it to look at the old baseline
6 REPLIES 6

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you running version 8.5? If so, updating to 8.5.1 will likely resolve the issue. You can do this by running liveupdate.

If you are not running version 8.5 or you are already updated to 8.5.1;

What version?

In your backup job, what is the number of recovery point sets to be saved for the backup?

Are you manually triggering the job after the reboot or are you allowing it to run on a schedule?

Chris_Wallis
Level 3

at the moment only running 8.5 and liveupdate is telling me its up to date.

1 recovery point is set, which is why it deletes the previous one, which wouldn't be a problem if it didn't keep trying to rerun the baseline

I have tried both way automatically and manually kicking off backup

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Does the version number show up as 8.5.0.xxxx or 8.5.1.xxxx?

If you are seeing the first, then you either have a LiveUpdate server in your environment or you are having issues with LiveUpdate. Either way, your best option would be to download the latest version of the application through File Connect and to do an in place upgrade. You may need to license the application again after the upgrade, so make sure that you have your license number on hand, just in case.

If you are seeing the second one, or if you continue seeing the same thing (the first backup after the upgrade will be a baseline, so wait for the second backup), then we may be seeing a different issue entirely. If this is the case, then we can continue looking into this issue.

Chris_Wallis
Level 3

i have updated to 8.5.1 now, had to run the full install again as liveupdate didn't work on any of the servers that i have it installed on.

it appears to be working ok now, i will have to give it a few days over the christmas holiday to make sure its 100%

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Is there anyone having this issue that cannot resolve it by upgrading to 8.5.1?

Chris_Wallis
Level 3

having left it for a week or so i have now seen a reoccurance of the issue, the new monthly baseline has been created and several incremental points as well and we had a network outage which seems to have played havc with it and it is now in the process of creating a new baseline, it seems to have ignored the presence of the old baseline and incremental files

Is there anything i can do to the  sv2i file to edit it and point it at the existing files