cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR logs

loki_legacy
Level 3

Hello,

I have seen that my BESR backups are going fine but the problem is that I couln't see event logs for the successful and failed backup in event viewer.

Please help.

Thank you

Lalit

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you checked the %allusersprofile%\application data\Backup Exec System Recovery\logs\Backup Exec System Recovery.log file ? Which options have you set for logging in the BESR console under Tasks->options->Notifications->Log File

loki_legacy
Level 3

I have checked the path, please check the screenshot.I have checked the settings with the other server in their network and everything is fine on it.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Windows events for succesful and failed backups are logged in the Windows event logs, which are viewable through the Windows event viewer. The logs in the screenshot above are indeed log files generated by BESR /SSR, and are used by support to analyze the software. What in particular are you looking for?

loki_legacy
Level 3

Yes you are right but I couldn't see the logs in event viewer as well even applying filter and same is the case with BESR no logs latest logs for successful backup.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you figure out what the problem was? Can you mark this thread  resolved.

loki_legacy
Level 3

No the issue isn't resolved.

See the snapshot below. No logs can found for the latest successful backups.

Or see the attached file in case if you can't see the whole snapshot.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

In the BESR log folder, open the BACKUP EXEC SYSTEM RECOVERY.LOG.TXT and see if the data is being written there. If so, there may be some hitch with the event log viewer. Clean out the old logs (saving the old if you desire), reboot, and try again.

loki_legacy
Level 3

Yes, I found that it was writing the logs to the BACKUP EXEC SYSTEM RECOVERY.LOG.TXT file but there were no new logs found in eventviewer.
I have cleared the old event logs but waiting for the server to be reboot.

Thank you

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Any luck?