cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2011 trial limitations

dales
Level 3

Hello!

I'm trying to see if there are any limitations to besr 2011 we would like to evaluate it as an upgrade to besr7 and we were wondering if there are any limitations or extra's thrown into the trial.

Can I install it onto a server create a backup and use RA to restore it again and the restored server wont have any issues. I'm thinking if I tested it this way would symantec make the restored server reboot every so often or cause the machine to work in a limited function because its a trial?
4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Afaik there are no limitations in the trial version.

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You can use all the functionalities of Trial Version Except COLD BACKUP. You cannot boot using SRD and try to do the backup of the system as it would require the License Key.

For normal backup and restore of the server you can use SSR 2011 for 60 days and after that it would expire.

dales
Level 3

Ok thanks for the info, I was just a bit worried as when booting the srd theres the eula to accept that says that it contains a reboot every 72 hours feature without warning. trouble is to properly test it before commiting ££ to it we need certain servers to stay up for a week or more after a restore to know that it has restored correctly.

criley
Employee Accredited

Ok thanks for the info, I was just a bit worried as when booting the srd theres the eula to accept that says that it contains a reboot every 72 hours feature without warning

That is a issue with WinPE which is what the SRD is based on. More info:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766093%28WS.10%29.aspx