cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failiure due to service restart

Ben_Tan_2
Level 3

I have 9 servers listed and a couple of them are failing but get the following messages

The first is when the job starts

"The drive-based backup job, PDH-SRO, has been started automatically."

The next message is the cause of the failiure

"Backup Exec System Recovery service started successfully."

This then leaves the job unfinished and the job is scheduled to run the next day.

Also for an unknown reason, the System Tray icon does not appear. Even when i close the vprotray process and open it again i do not get the icon in the system tray.

3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Is the management control agent installed on this client system; it is known to hide the system task tray icon unless client option are properly set at the management console level to show the tray icon. With version 8 do we have all three services, in windows services, properly running? Are there any other application that uses VSS snapshot technology on these two systems that are not working; if so be sure to configure the application to use the Microsoft or its own VSS provider and not Symantec’s since doing so may cause our provider to be in an improper state when a schedule backup occurs. Was the install done locally or through a remote desktop/ terminal services session; uninstall if remotely and try the install again locally.

Ben_Tan_2
Level 3

Yes the MC agent is installed on the remote servers

what are the 3 services that should be running?am i supposed to be looking on the System Recoveryserver or the remote servers?

The install was done through remote desktop. i will try and install the agents again locally.

Ben_Tan_2
Level 3

Also just to note, i have set up the other servers the same way, so why are they behaving differently?

i do now have one server who has not once over the past few days not backed up, with the same issue of the System Recovery service on the remote server restarting with no alert.