cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Manager

Dominik
Not applicable
I have a question version BESR 7 Restore Light out installs a new boot manager. To change the order of booting for Livestate Recovery 6 i used boot.ini how can i change the order of the new boot manager in Windows 2000/2003.

Message Edited by Dominik on 07-15-200711:47 AM

1 REPLY 1

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

You can change the boot order using a utility called "bcdedit.exe".

Using BCDEdit To Change The Default Boot To LOR

After installing Lights Out Recovery (LOR), you can use the BCDEdit utility to change the LOR boot option to be the default boot (if desired).  To do this:

1. Open a Windows command prompt
2. Run the BCDEdit tool with the "/enum" switch to location the LOR boot loader entry (for example: "bcdedit.exe /store c:\boot\bcd /enum")
3. Locate the boot loader entry that corresponds to LOR (usually shows up as "Windows Boot Loader", as opposed to "Windows Legacy OS Loader")
4. Locate the identifier for the boot loader entry found in step 3.
5. Use BCDEdit to make the new boot loader identifier the default (for example: "bcdedit.exe /store c:\boot\bcd /default <identifier>")

Note: The identifier for the LOR installation boot loader is usually a long GUID, so your command line will probably look something like this:

bcdedit.exe /store c:\boot\bcd /default {76a84569-acce-ebbc-2de6-0005dbce9845}

You can also use BCDEdit to adjust the default timeout wait at the boot loader menu.  For example:

bcdedit.exe /store c:\boot\bcd /timeout 5

For other BCDEdit options, run "bcdedit.exe /?".

Thanks.