cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't schedule a computer backup job (BESR 2010)

gorodskoi
Level 3

I have BESR 2010 installed on windows 2003 EE r2 sp.2 (4 problem computer, 3 with x64 and 1 with x86 os). They are 4 from 20 servers with besr 2010 installed.
The problem:
  When i create new scheduled job to backup some of disks it is instantly disappeared from the list of jobs. If i choose "run it now", it runs successfully, but still no jobs listed. If i create a folder backup job everything works as it should work.  I checked event log and besr log, but can't find something useful to understand the problem.
Maybe anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?
13 REPLIES 13

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You may remove the *.pqj Files that represent the backup job an re-create it.

gorodskoi
Level 3

I haven't got any backup job (case i can't create it) and so i haven't got *.pqj files. If you mean files in this folder - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Schedule

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Maybe the BESR service doesn't have NTFS permissions to create this files, but this would be really strange.
Have tried to use fixinstall.bat ?

gorodskoi
Level 3
I think permissions are ok, as i wrote "If i create a folder backup job everything works as it should work". It means that i see a job and a file in the directory. I just tried to run fixinstall.bat, nothing changed and before i tried completly reinstall besr. Some times i see backup job at the list for a second, but it's disappeared. Looks like some other thing delete it.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Maybe you just want to open a support case with symantec ?

gorodskoi
Level 3
I just tried audit of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Schedule

Object Access Attempt:
     Object Server:    Security
     Handle ID:    1984
     Object Type:    File
     Process ID:    2020
     Image File Name:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\VProSvc.exe
     Accesses:    DELETE

VProSvc.exe create a job file and then delete it... How to understand why it's happens? ^)

And i found who tell besr to do it - besr managment plugin... Now i need to understand why is it removes the job, instead of creating them as i point in policy at BESR 2010 Managment solution console. I need to say, that i tried to disable policy for this server before, to make sure it is not a problem.

gorodskoi
Level 3
maybe later, last time when i open it, i waste a lot of time with no result

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have tried to completley remove the altiris Agent AND the besr plugin and BESR ?

gorodskoi
Level 3
I have the same idea after my last post, because it the last thing that i do not reinstall. Reinstalled now, i'll report after some time about results.

gorodskoi
Level 3

No, all remain the same :(

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you thought about opening a case with Symantec ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you open a case ? What was the outcome ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?